Hair loss and hair thinning are conditions that affect many people of different ages and backgrounds. Even though hair conditions are very common as people get older, this is not always the case. Some reasons for hair loss include genetics, stress, pregnancy, menopause, hair bleaching that causes hair damage, tight hairstyles, harsh hair products, strong medications, several medical conditions, and autoimmune diseases. Some other times there where the natural ways are not always practical if the issue is more progressed. So if a more specific medication is needed it is better to get professional advice. Make sure to check out Hair Transplant in Cyprus and maybe our surgeon can help with your issue. In the following article, you can find treatments to avoid hair loss at home.
When the problem is at an early stage and not too severe, hair loss can be treated or slowed without surgery in simple ways at home. The following treatments to avoid hair loss at home can partly grow hair back. Even if hair cannot fully grow back, these treatments help with thinness and can make the hair look fuller and thicker.
Ways to naturally regrow your hair
- Apply aloe vera or hair products that include aloe vera 2-3 times a week.
- Massage your hair and scalp using coconut oil. If possible, use the oil as a leave-in treatment and cover the hair for some hours or overnight.
- Include iron, protein, and vitamins in your diet. Changing your diet and including more carrots, eggs, spinach, oats, lentils, and nuts can significantly contribute to hair regrowth.
- Do not comb your hair when it is wet. Instead, let it air dry and then comb it with a wide-toothed comb.
- Avoid washing your hair with hot water, as it dehydrates the hair strands creating hair breakage. You should wash and rinse your hair with cool-temperature water.
- Scalp massaging and overall scalp and hair care. Scalp massaging for hair loss works by stretching the cells of hair follicles making the latter produce thicker hair. Scalp massaging also helps blood circulation which helps with hair growth. Gently massaging the scalp for 10-15 minutes can help with hair growth and less hair fall.
Other ways to treat hair loss at home
- Avoid using too many chemical hair products and consult a specialist for hair product recommendations.
- Minoxidil – known by the brand name Rogaine. This product can be used in liquid or foam form and it can help thicken the hair as well as slow balding. The results of Minoxidil are not permanent, as hair loss appears again a few months after the termination of the treatment.
- Avoid using heat hair stylers. Not using hair straighteners, curlers and other devices that function using heat can also contribute to hair regrowth. Heat hair stylers should be used in moderation and with a hair heat protectant spray or cream.
While hair loss cannot be reversible without surgery, the treatments mentioned can be used to prevent hair loss and help hair regrowth where possible. Especially when treated early, hair thinning and hair loss can be slowed.